Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tim Lincecum answers your questions by Andrew Baggarly

Tim Lincecum answers your questions
Posted by Andrew Baggarly on May 21st, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Categorized as Uncategorized

What does your tattoo symbolize and when did you get it? And do you Twitter?
-Haya, SF

I got this a few years ago. My brother’s got it too. It means “man” (in Japanese) and it represents the men in our family - my dad with his father and he and me and my brother. It just represents that closeness. And no, I do not Twitter. No Twittering.


Ask him if he still has my goat!! I’m one of the two girls who gave him that beanie baby goat at the Sharks game…haha. But my real question I guess would be: Why did you choose baseball over football or golf?
-Christine from Walnut Creek

Yes, I still have the goat. Thank you. Well, football is easy. I mean, c’mon, look at me. As for golf, I think I got into it too late. I had already decided to pursue a baseball career. That’s why I went to golf instead of football or basketball so I wouldn’t get hurt. It was more a hobby for me than anything. In basketball, I can’t jump. I think the only thing I offer on the court is a free-throw and that’s it. It’s funny, everybody thinks I can jump real high and I cannot jump at all.

My follow up: Can you dunk?

No, I can’t dunk.

No comments: