Sunday, July 18, 2010

POSTGAME NOTES: A blown call, a bloated bullpen and Brandon Belt

This is from extra baggs at the SJ mercury click on the link for full article
POSTGAME NOTES: A blown call, a bloated bullpen and Brandon Belt

By Alex Pavlovic

To some notes, quotes and observations from the series finale:

— Right as I started typing this they showed the replays again on the monitors up here. Missed. Call. Ishikawa was stunned after what was a very weird ninth inning for him. Here’s his take on the call:

“To feel like I was so sure the game was over was satisfying but then my heart sunk when I saw him raise his arm for the out. It was tough. I felt like I made it but Phil and I have different opinions. There was no explanation, he just called me out. For me to be so sure about it was tough.”

Ishikawa said he tried to stay out of the drama between Cuzzi and the Mets earlier in his at-bat, did say that “there was a lot of yelling going on.” By the way, let’s hope today gets Ishikawa a few more starts. He’s more than earned them.

No comments: